Friday, January 7, 2011

Oh, Carter!


There are a series of board books by author David Shannon that star a little boy named David. The fist book in the series is titled, "Oh, David," as David tends to be a bit naughty and gets in a lot of trouble. What I would like to know, is when did David Shannon follow around our youngest son, Carter?!? Carter is a mess. He is cute as can be, but he is a mess! Cash was never like this, so it has taken some getting used to, if it is possible to get used to having the Tasmanian Devil for a son. Yesterday alone, Carter took his bathtub paints that Cousin Cheri and Hugh gave him for Christmas and "painted" the quilt on the guest room bed. Mind you, he had to stand on the toilet and get the paint, as they were up on a shelf following a previous "painting" incident. He also decided that he would like to feed our frogs and dumped all the frog food on the bar. This was just yesteday, and that was actually an uneventful day where Carter is concerned. I really, really wish that my Grandma Bettye were still alive, because I get the feeling that Carter may be taking after his Pappa. For as long as I can remember, my grandma said that she drove 20 miles one way to take my dad to kindergarten, because Socorro ISD, at that time would accept kids if they were 4 years old and Fabens ISD would not accept them until they were 5 years old, and she had about all of my dad being at home that she could take! I always thought she was being a little rough on my dad, but I totally get it now. Tuesday will be Carter's first day of preschool, and I am ready. I may spend that three hours every Tues/Thurs taking a nap, just so that I can be fresh for whatever nonesense he decides to get into on those afternoons. He is lucky he is so darn cute......

No comments:

Post a Comment